Aries Equinox – March 20, 2021
The Aries Equinox heralds the new astrological year. Depending on what hemisphere you live in, you are about to enjoy the coming of Spring or Fall; both are lovely in my book.
When the Sun comes back to 0 degrees and 00 minutes of Aries — known as the vernal equinox — it’s a time of the year where the day and the night are in balance (equal in length). This specific degree is known as the Aries Point in astrology. This point vibrates with the other Cardinals signs (Aries, Cancer, Libra, Capricorn). Zero degrees of any one of the Cardinals signs can be considered the “Aries Point”. These degrees mark the beginning of the:
- 1st House – Physical self, personality, early childhood
- 4th House – Your home, family, ancestry
- 7th House – Partners, relationships, marriage
- 10th House – Career, reputation, social responsibility
These houses rule our relationship with ourselves, our family, significant others, and our career. They also represent the beginning point for each of the four seasons. These are the “pillars” of our evolution so, if you have anything near 0 degrees of any of the Cardinal signs…you are really going to feel this renewal of energy. This is a pattern you may be very familiar with, or this could be the year to start paying attention to how to best tap into this primal energy. You can find the Aries Point in your personal natal chart at Foxy Astrology. Just click on the “Create Your Birth Chart” link under my blog posts.
Other celestial seeds of influence
Let’s talk about some of the longer-term aspects that are sprinkled in here and what else we celebrate at this time. Resurrection is a major theme at this time of the year. As we balance the light of the Sun (day) with the dark of the Moon (night), it’s like a reboot not only for the Earth, but for the individual as well.
- This year the Sun will only be 2 degrees away from Venus in Pisces. This represents the deepest desires for what we love and value and can give you the motivation you need to be authentic about your choices.
- Also, there is a stellium in Gemini surrounding the North Node, or the future collective destiny of all of us. There is Mars at 9 degrees, the North Node at 13 degrees, the Moon at 16 degrees, and Psyche at 18 degrees. This is very much a focus on the future and learning more about rapid changes to communication, quantum leaps in technology, and how you adjust to living in this new paradigm that changes before you can even master it. We are all newly born indeed.
A celebration of rebirth
Have you heard of the Germanic goddess known as Ostara? Her name means, “moving in the direction of the Sun.” When Christians were creating there annual celebrations they often borrowed from their Pagan friends and they adopted the “resurrection” of the Earth to represent the resurrection of Jesus Christ as well. Ostara became known as Easter.
Just like the Aries point itself, the beginning of the zodiac — as well as the first house of the self — could be represented by the fertilization of the egg; another symbol prevalent at this time of the year. Who hasn’t enjoyed an afternoon decorating, hiding, and then searching for the bright and colorful Easter eggs? A representation of our inescapable cycle of existence: birth, growth, death, and rebirth.
If you are looking for a more specific and personalized interpretation of your chart check out my services and book a reading.